From 2021, all learners and staff will be divided into four houses, but there will still be one combined MONTIE-HIVE.
The houses are not to create division; but to strengthen each other through healthy competition. During healthy competition, it is important to remember the bigger picture of what we want to achieve… a stronger school… ONE SCHOOL – ONE HIVE.
Each house is held responsible to ensure that they flourish in every category. By doing this we are creating a stronger support structure for this school in all portfolio’s.
• Learners are randomly divided into four houses through the use of the SASPAC numbering system.
• As we want to promote talent and participation, learners are classified separately and not per family.
• ALL school activities and academics can generate points for the learner and ultimately for their house.
• Every year the house that won will be announced for their outstanding achievement.
• The debit point system functions normally, however the debit points subtract points that was generated by that house.
• Every house has their own unique house crest with their own motto
• Learners stay in their houses that they were placed in from grade 8 to grade 12.
• Every house has their own traditions and this is decided mostly by the head of houses, deputy heads, staff and leaders of the house.
• Every house has their own crest, motto and animal. The names of the houses are derived from the different bee species.